How to make a bishop’s hat napkin
December 21, 2012
Laying the table for Christmas dinner can be one of the most enjoyable parts of Christmas Day but how do you make sure that your napkin folding really does cut the mustard? Simple, follow these top tips and you won’t fail to impress your dinner guests:-
How to fold a Bishop’s Hat napkin
1. Lay the napkin face down in front of you.
2. Fold the dinner napkin in half so that the open end is towards you.
3. Fold the far-right corner diagonally towards you, resting the point in the center of the side closest to you.
4. Fold the near-left corner diagonally away from you, resting it so that it lays right next to the previous fold.
5. Flip the napkin over and orient it so it points to the far-left and to the near-right.
6. Fold the bottom half of the napkin up and away from you, laying it so the far edges run on top of one other.
7. Reach underneath of the napkin and pull out the flap on the right, making the near-side come to two points as seen in the picture.
8. Gently roll the left half of the left triangle over and tuck its end underneath the right triangle.
9. Flip the napkin over, points pointing away from you.
10. Fold the right-triangle to the left, tucking its end into the other triangle.
11. Open up the hat and press the material inside down to fill it out so that it becomes circular, this may take a little fidgeting.
Top tip – iron and starch the napkin before you start so the lines are more precise.
For more top tips in the run up to Christmas plus your chance to win in our Christmas competition visit the Menzies Hotels Facebook Page.